Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.

AHS 361 - Integrative Physiology

How do I...

How do I find books and articles?

What is the difference between PubMed and MEDLINE?

MEDLINE is a subset of the records found in PubMed.  However, using MEDLINE on the Web of Science platform gives you tools for advanced and citation searching.

How do I find the full text of an article if I have a reference/citation?

      Use the Citation Search. (Link found on the "Articles" tab on the Library home page.)

      You can also set up Google Scholar to help you find full text. 

  1. Go to
  2. Click on "Library Links" in the left navigation.
  3. Search for "Buswell."
  4. Select the check box next to "Wheaton College - Buswell Library..."
  5. Click "Save."
  6. You should now see a "Find it @ Wheaton" link next to resources that you can access.  If the link does not appear to the right for an entry, click the " >> " below the entry; the link will appear.

If we do not have access to the full text you will be given the opportunity to place an ILLiad request.

How do I find out if the library has access to a journal?

      Search using Find a Journal. (Link found on the "Articles" tab on the Library home page.)

How do I get a book that is not owned by Buswell?

      You can request a book through i-Share or ILLiad from the detail results screen when you search from the library home page

  • i-Share requests are for books only.  Requests go directly to consortia member libraries.  This is typically faster than an ILLiad request. 
  • ILLiad is the name for Buswell's interlibrary loan.  You can request books and articles. 
    • You will be prompted to enter some information (e.g. CPO address) the first time you make a request. 
    • Use your campus computer network account and password (the same as you use to log in to MyWheaton.)

How do I get a journal article that I cannot access through Buswell?

      Articles can be requested through ILLiad. 

  • Use the "Find it @ Wheaton" button found in most databases.  If Buswell Library does not have access to full text, you have the option to place and ILLiad request.
    • You will be prompted to set up an account the first time you make a request. 
    • Articles are delivered electronically, you will get an email when a request is available.

Reference Management and Data Analysis Tools

Reference Management Software

Statistical Analysis Software

How to read and comprehend scientific research articles

IRB information

Contact Brian Hunt if you have any questions about the IRB process.